Friday, September 9, 2011

AerOs: Chocolate Bliss

There is a large spectrum of tastes in chocolate. Many cannot sense it, either because their palate is or because they simply choose not to. Others sense it, but aren't chocolate fans. How they survive, I shall never know.

Anyway, a new chocolate was brought to my attention most recently, one that I had understood was only attainable in Canada.

That is no longer true. The other day, I came home to find three glorious AerO bars sitting on the passthrough. They were nicely arrayed on top of other treats that I shall write about later, but I must say I am deeply grateful to the one who first introduced me to AerOs and to the ones who found these bars, right here in California, to share with me.

For those of you who don't know, an AerO bar is chocolate that has been aerated. And it is really tasty to some people, and to other people, it just taste like plain chocolate. To me, it tastes like slightly burnt chocolate (burnt in a good way, not that black charcoal you get when you accidentally forget to stir it when melting chocolate on the stovetop) with a hint of something else--perhaps cinnamon? Anyway, it is amazing, and I love it. Aerated chocolate wins. So run out to your local World Market/Cost Plus and get some.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...