Thursday, June 28, 2012

Patriotic Outfits: Running Up The Flag

What does a girl do for patriotic outfits? Why, spend money, of course! (I only wish I had an unlimited budget!). As I sit within a stone's throw of my state's capitol, my thoughts, for some reason, have turned toward patriotism and the 4th of July. Rather than writing a memorial post and wonderful, deep thoughts about our nation's foundations and how they are quickly eroding, I decided to go on an extravaganza and spend lots of imaginary money by posting four awesome patriotic outfits that I have put together through internet means.

Ironically, my American series was inspired by a ~$900 pair of shoes. Rupert Sanderson's Marquita Sandals, to be exact. I absolutely love these shoes (even though they're exclusive to a British store, Selfridge's), but even for shoes I love...I'm not coughing up that much cash. It did, however, inspire me to hunt around for a few outfits that I think are patriotic...and I've tried to make sure they don't totally break the bank, either. Thus, I can promise that none of these outfits are as expensive as those shoes. Anyway, to go with the shoes.

Today's post is mainly professional in taste, so to match with the shoes (of course!) is a beautiful knee-length Vacation Day Skirt from modcloth, as well as a Windowpane Jacquard Top from Coldwater Creek. Finally, make the outfit perfect with some final touches in the accessories--Patriotic Nail Wraps and a Rock Star Spangled Scarf! There. Your patriotism is complete--and each piece can be used in other outfits, too. Unique, but versatile.

1 comment:

  1. OMW!!! I want these shoes!!! LOVE! ♥
    ~Tena

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...