Saturday, October 22, 2011

You Guessed It! The Corset Is HERE!!!

The very first day I announced I was going to make a Mad Hatter costume, I talked about getting a corset. Well, now I have. I ordered it from Damsel in this Dress at the beginning of the month, and I actually didn't tell anyone when I had officially ordered it because I was afraid something would go wrong and it would never show up. :P So I told people I was going to order it, but I never told them when. Anyway, take a look at the website (www.damseldress.com or clicky the hyperlink above). They have TONS of amazing stuff, and also take a look at their blog, which is absolutely amazing and funny and interesting, but especially look at their Alice and Red Queen/Harley Quinn costumes. Such fun! It arrived early this week. I was so excited! I actually stopped slaving away at homework to go try it on. Silly, I know, but still! I have learned a couple things, though:

  1. You can't unlace a corset like you unlace your shoes. The corset has to be completely unlaced.
  2. When ordering, its a good idea to let them know if your hips are extra wide or something. 
  3. Your...uh...front accouterments get an immediate lift, so tighten the straps!
  4. As long as the top isn't tighter than the bottom, you can breathe just fine.
  5. If the top is tighter than the bottom...you're gonna DIE. Or at least get light headed. No idea why.
  6. Elisa's new iPhone hasn't showed yet. She's getting the 4S, lucky skunk.
The corset is a ton of fun--I can't wait to wear it with my Mad Hatter costume. I will probably be wearing the unfinished costume as a trial run at my college Halloween party. I'll be sure to take pictures, and post them. Oh, yeah, and I'm currently researching temporary hair coloring kits. Yes, I'm going ginger!

Next up on the Hatter front is yet another hat...and its awesome. And I promise to post a more detailed post about the corset later, and give it and the company a proper review and blah blah blah. You might see that next summer, if you're lucky. You'll probably see better pictures of the corset first, when I'm not struggling to take the picture with my phone on my own (I'm going to see if I can bribe Rose with food to get her to take some for me in full costume). The corset looks a lot better (like the pictures on their website) when I'm not holding my arms out above me like a zombie while doing the turtle head thing with my head and shoulders. 

Finally, for those of you who want to see the fabrics, the green one is the outer fabric and the gold is the inner:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...