Friday, November 25, 2011

Twelve Days of Christmas Wishes: Or, Great Gift Ideas

Its that time of year where the nagging thought of "what on earth should I buy so-and-so for Christmas?" arrives. I found out about a week ago that my mother is one of the many suffering from said nag, and I happen to be the so-and-so connected that that. The problem here is, I pretty much don't know what I want. Its not that I don't want stuff, its just that I really really hate buying stuff that I don't need and won't use. The other day, I put on a dress that I had bought nearly a year ago, and I had never cut the tags off it. I actually felt guilty putting it on, because I figured that I wouldn't use it again for a very very long time. My first (translate, only) formal dress that I ever bought was like that. its still in my closet, and I've maybe worn in a grand total of three times? Of course, it doesn't help that I have a sort of "meh" feeling about it, so I'm not going to go out of my way to wear it--in fact, it had better be a really fancy shmancy thing for me to even consider it.

Thus, I feel slightly awkward blogging a wish list, especially considering I don't think I've ever written one out before, but then I thought "I'm already always writing about myself and things I want! Why not just be blunt about it?" Besides, someone wants to know what I want for Christmas. Thus, I have created the "Twelve Days of Christmas Wishes." This is twelve days (duh) of posts, each post having a specific category with two items that I would like, want or might even need. But probably not the last one.

Day One: Music

Blackmore's Night: Ghost Of A Rose 
My absolute favorite band, Blackmore's Night was co-founded by Richie Blackmore and his wife, Candice Night. If you don't know much about them, take a listen to this amazing Renaissance-inspired music. I've talked about them before, somewhat extensively. Ghost Of A Rose has many of my favorite tracks, including Loreley, Way To Mandalay, and 3 Black Crows. You can find the album here

Doctor Who Season Five Soundtrack
Yes, the Time Lords strike again. And no, I do not have this soundtrack yet. This is a great album for writing, both school writing and personal entertainment writing. The music is full and orchestral, the type that either makes you want to stand up and save the world or sit down and cry. Either way, I'd much prefer to have it on my iTunes than having to hunt for it on YouTube. You can find the album here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...