Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Twelve Days of Christmas Wishes: Tech Gift Ideas

We all have our little electronic gadgets--indeed, how could we live without them?--but all of these need more than just a little TLC. They need a lot of TLC, as well as an electrical outlet.

I tend to have bad luck with chargers. Thus, while it would be so awesome to get an Apple or something else wonderful and elite-ish, I'll stick with the basics. And since chargers are boring utilitarian things, no pictures today.

HP Pavilion Charger
This spring, my computer got knocked just enough to slide eight inches to the floor. That really shouldn't have damaged it, but it happened to hit the power supply at just the right angle, and it broke. The papers due and finals looming, I got the only replacement I could find. That replacement is evil and is set out to make me lose every paper I work on. Currently, to get my laptop to charge, I have to shove my phone under the plug to keep it forced into my computer at the right angle for it think about charging. Obviously, I need a new one. After painstakingly researching it, I've found one that the kind people who review things on Amazon after they've bought it say works. You can see it here.

iPhone Charger
My phone charger works just fine, except the plastic stripped away from the wire on both ends. If I was smart, I would have gotten some electrical tape and fixed it right away, and it wouldn't be a problem. Unfortunately, I didn't do that, and now the actual wire has started to fray. Plus, all the other really old chargers have bit the dust. You can see the charger here.

1 comment:

  1. Subscribe to coupon/deal blogs...I recently picked up five of those iPhone chargers for under 5 bucks shipped on Amazon. They occasionally go on sale, and when they do these blogs post about it so you can grab it right away, since the deal only lasts a short amount of time. It's how I've purchased all my phone chargers/wall chargers since Apple is EXPENSIVE. I've never paid more than three dollars for a set of wall, car and USB chargers. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...