Friday, May 11, 2012

Pnina Tornai: Say Yes to the (Wedding) Bows

Pnina Tornai has some beautiful design sense, often creating wedding dresses that are jaw-droppingly beautiful. The same elements that make some of Pnina's wedding dresses stunning makes others overpoweringly...strange. I guess that's what comes from looking at high fashion designs. Either way, if you want the look, it comes with a pretty pricey budget. Why oh why must I continually marvel over designers such as Pnina Tornai? Their amazing looks always come with such a price! I'm glad that Pnina is coming up with radically innovative new designs, though. While I love her steady basic designs and their variations, it is always fun to see some out-of-the-box ideas, especially in the wedding industry where, well, everything seems to be all white and looks roughly the same at all times.


This particular Pnina Tornai gown is a mermaid with satin and...I'm not sure if that's more satin, or something else. Leaning toward something else. I like how this particular style is asymetrical, and I really like the bottom of the front, but the bows on the front top and the back are just...overdone, I guess. I like the drape of the shoulder bow in the back, but on the front it seems to detract from the model's face (or the bride's face, eventually). At the same time, I feel like something is left out, with the gaps of bowless-ness on the train. It doesn't really give me the same "WOW!" feel as other pieces have done.


The front, though...That I quite like. The cascade of bows doesn't seem to fade into lumps of satin like on the back; rather, each bow seems to be built on top of the others, yet still retains its own form and dignity. The path of the bows, too, is such that it helps to make up for any imbalances elsewhere. The front is busy enough to hold attention, yet not so busy that you don't know where to look. The path of the bows, too, draws your eye up the dress and into the face of the wearer, which I admire. And then you get to the top, which is a wee bit confusing with the boob-bow and basket weave. I would be looking into perhaps moving the boob bow down to the waist and see if the weave looked better that way. I find the basket-weave pattern interesting, as it is a bit out of character for Pnina's designs. Normally, when she has ruching on the the top, it all goes in the same direction, rather than criss-crossing like you can see here. Overall, innovative, but I think Pnina has done better. Incidentally, I think she had a bit of a bow fetish last season.

Here's all your normal blah-blah legal stuff. Yeah, I didn't take these pictures. Someone somehow connected to Pnina took them and owns the rights to them. No, I don't make a profit off of these pictures and I don't claim any rights to them. If you want to see them in greater detail or wish to get more info about the dress, go to www.kleinfeldbridal.com. The Style Number is 32023145. This post may have been sitting in my que for a while, so I make no promises that it is in stock at Kleinfeld's or even that it is still on their website. No, I don't represent Kleinfeld, Pnina Tornai or TLC/Say Yes to the Dress in any way. Everything written here is my own opinion and review of the dress and isn't endorsed by anyone else. If I somehow missed naming some company that I don't represent, pretend I did. If you read all of that, you don't need glasses.

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog! Praising beauty of sensational Pnina Tornai Wedding Gowns is unspeakable. Even I have no words to explain how I felt when I received my wedding gown designed by Pnina. It was like a dream come true.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...