Monday, October 22, 2012

Custom Made Undergarments: The Perfect Chemise

Chemises are one of the few items that I have put off buying for forever and a half. They are necessary for so many different costumes (of which fact I am reminded about 80% of the times I get into one), yet I've been lackluster about buying one. Why? Well, I'm not exactly average shaped. And yes, I did say buy, not make. I have a rule that, if I fail at making a piece the first time, and I can't figure out why, I will never attempt to make it again, and I will always buy it. You'd think I'd be able to manage sewing such a simple garment, but trust me: I tried. It was a disaster. I'm never trying again. 

In the interim, I have used a variety of different button down shirts as substitutes, and they've worked okay, but they definitely gave my pieces a more modern look that I didn't necessarily like. Finally, I took the plunge and began scouring etsy for a good chemise that didn't cost an arm and a leg. It took my quite a while to find something, and waffled around about buying it. Finally, I did. 

The chemise came from a shop called Dungeons, Duds N Jewels. What attracted me to this shop in the first place was the pretty lace on the chemise. The price wasn't bad at all, and the little "Custom Made" line made me quite happy, especially since I wanted a shorter-than-normal one. I went ahead and ordered the Lace Insert Chemise, and after a few emails back and forth over measurements, got the message that the package was on its way. 

And then the post office took forEVER to deliver it. The shop owner, Ellie, had been kind enough to send me the link to track the package, and I swear that the post office sent it every which way just to frustrate me. In reality, it probably didn't take that long, it just seems like it. As it was, I was all sorts of hyper and bouncy when I finally found that dear package in my mailbox. I, of course, opened it right away and had to try it on, and it fit marvelously. My hyper self then spent a good fifteen minutes running around the house alternating between flapping my arms and pretending I was an angel and staring at myself in the mirror and thinking I needed to do a Vampires of Venice cosplay. 

Long story short, I will definitely be getting another one, and longer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...