Friday, October 26, 2012

Planning Halloween

Halloween is, truth be told, actually a bit of a taboo holiday in my household. Due to my heritage, I have a heightened awareness of Halloween's darker side, and can trace it back to its roots loooong before it was enforced by little costumed children demanding candy. Thus, growing up, it was never a celebrated holiday, and I still don't quite feel comfortable with the idea. Still, I've come to attend the occasional harvest party or join my friends in wandering the campus in strange clothing. This year I happen to plan on doing both. My campus friends and I split down the middle for sweet/scary costumes (we currently have a Belle, a pin-up zombie-turned-I-forgot-what, and me), and the harvest party is themed.

I hate themed parties.

This particular party is hosted by a darling family that has a wonderful home, but the people in charge of picking the theme (not members of the host family), come up with some of the most boring ideas. There was the Old Retirees theme one year (I didn't go to that one, and no zombies were allowed anyway), the Nerd theme last year (I apparently annoyed people by thinking outside the box and doing a Alice in Wonderland Nerd costume, ie, my Mad Hatter), and this year happens to have the theme of.... Country.

Moooooooooooooooooooo.

Still working on inventive, non-farmer and non-cowgirl ideas for that. I really doubt I'll be able to find someone for the other half of a cow costume. Which I don't have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...