Thursday, August 11, 2011

Down With The Bloody Big Head: Missing Fingers

So, I'm taking a break from Dr. Who to look back at my Mad Hatter costume. I think I've settled on an idea for gloves, as the Hatter does wear fingerless gloves, but, as I have complained before, they are plaid (I hate plaid). I have fallen in love with these lace ones. I think they would be quite pretty and fit the idea of the costume quite well if they were perhaps tie-dyed. I would probably do the dyeing on my own, but I shall see. ZenandCoffee, the maker of these gloves, can make them in a variety of fabrics and colors, so I might order one that is colored.

Other fun options that I ran across included these checkered ones from ForwardMotionArt (a nice break from plaid, but not quite up to what I wanted specifically). Fun, cute, inventive....and not quite what I wanted. I dunno. It seems funny to say that these are too "young" for me, but that is the sort of feeling that I get. Perhaps someone else could put them to better use.

The other option was this pair of gloves, which is also from ZenandCoffee. This is actually my current runner up, even though I originally shied away from it because it seemed a little too gothic. I tend toward dark colors, and I'm really trying to avoid that for Hatter. So I discarded the idea. I've since rethought that, and think it would be a load of fun to have the ribbons in bright, clashing colors, with the laces being different colors and all that. I'm actually wobbling between this pair and the other pair from ZenandCoffee. They both can work wonderfully in different ways. Decisions, decisions, decisions....

2 comments:

  1. I'd put my vote on the lace up gloves with super colorful laces.

    I think. Because it all comes down to the textures of the other layers you use -- are they primarily smooth like the first option or do you have several others (not the accessories) that lace already?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't run across anything else that is lace to add in. So I'm a bit torn as to which is more eccentric and etc.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...