Thursday, August 4, 2011

Hatta Shoes


The other day, I swung by PaylessShoes in hopes of finding some nice candy-apple red shoes. I didn't find any, but I did find these über cute brown shoes. They remind me of the saddleshoes of my childhood in design. The are all one color, obviously, and thus lack the black-and-white pattern, but they are CUTE. I hesitated to purchase them, but I think I may make a trip back to get them. They're fun, plus, I think I can use them for my Mad Hatter costume. They aren't as cute as the black and white ones from shabby apple, but I think the brown will go better with the concept I've visualized. I'm actively avoiding black for this project.


The shoes actually are supposed to tie in a bow, but I think that looks a little stupid, so here I just tucked the ends in out of sight. If I did do any sort of bow on the shoes, I think it should look more like the bows you put on packages, with LOTS of color.

I've also started collecting old spools of thread--like, the ones where the spools are wood instead of plastic. I don't know if this will work, as I doubt I could find enough spools,  but it's worth a try. If you look closely, Hatta is wearing a sort of sash of spools and bobbins. I don't necessarily want to do the exact same, but I'm considering getting a sort of knitted gypsy belt and attaching the spools in place of some of the coins or bells.  I shall most definitely be haunting the junktique stores again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...