Thursday, July 7, 2011

A Chocolate A Day Keeps The Doctor Away

I love chocolate. The darker, the better. 85%? Amazing. Higher? Drool. My dad knows I love chocolate so much that whenever he gives me a gift for no reason, I can usually count on it being a bar of Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate, which is amazing. I'm still working on the bar he gave me around Easer.

Oh, and did I mention...today is Chocolate Day?? It is. I am hoping that all the chocolate stores have specials for today, so that I can get even more great chocolate. In favor of this event, I am going to share my favorite factoid about chocolate.

Are you ready? Here it is.

People who had small servings of chocolate throughout the week, the total netting between 1.5 and 2 ounces of chocolate, had a decreased likelihood of heart disease. Those who ate no chocolate maintained the normal risk level, and those who ate more than two ounces had a greater chance of heart disease. So, now, the question is, how much chocolate is 2 ounces? it is almost exactly one half of the largest size of chocolate bar you can get.

So, now, the healthy thing to do is to practice self restraint and have one little square of chocolate each day, and presto! you are a healthier person.

I am SO loving this new research! Now, I'm going to go celebrate by hitting the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory and getting me some chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...