Friday, July 22, 2011

Flying Feathers

Well, as promised, I have news of feathers for you. Yesterday, I had four feathers put in: the three pictured and one other in a different spot. They're pretty pretty pretty. Carol from Jewell's Mind Body and Bath made these and put them in. I showed them to the kids I work with, and their responses were varied. Kass loved them, and she wanted a detailed explanation of how they got there, whereas Gracie yelled at me "You got your HAIR painted?????"

Yah. Painted hair.

The most interesting discovery came when I woke up this morning. I'm not usually a tender head, but spots on my scalp were quite sore. I figured out why: the extra weight from the feathers, no matter how miniscule, is abnormal. I remember a friend talking about one party where she wore those fancy eyelash extensions, the ones with the designs on them. They weighed fractions of an ounce, but her eyelids got so tired of them that she had to take them off in short order if she wished to open her eyes. The same principle applies to my hair. Now, I'm getting more used to it, but my scalp is still a little tender. For those of you who haven't read up on feather facts, you can find a quick history here.

Now, as promised....the first Tainted Loves video blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...