Saturday, July 16, 2011

Tee-Eye-Double "Guh"-Ar!

Today, I slipped in my protest vote against Harry Potter. I went to see Winnie the Pooh, and I enjoyed myself thoroughly (besides someone whacking our popcorn over with their purse, of course). Pooh is definitely a blast from the past, and it was nice to see all the old characters back again. The story is the basic story of friendship, along with all the foibles of this motley crew. Rabbit is still a bit OCD, Tigger is as hyperactive as ever, and Eyeore has not been scourged with medication for depression. And Christopher Robin is still a little boy who has a large imagination. An A+ for the film as a whole, which runs for a little over an hour, if you include the short at the beginning.

Take a look for yourself:



I can't finish a post about Pooh Corner without linking you to my two favorite songs. The first is, of course, Tigger's theme song, which came up when one of my friends claimed I reminded her of Tigger when I write.


The other is a song that I have memorized from my childhood. It is "Return to Pooh Corner" by Kenny Loggins. Loggins wrote that he scribbled out the first half of this song while procrastinating before finals one year (sounds familiar). He found it again years later, after he had his own kids, and rewrote it. It is the story of growing up and looking back, and seeing your own children fill your shoes. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...