Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Scavenging for Beauty

Bee is one of those people who has talent. I've lately been pursuing a lot of blogs of people who "vintage loot" or any of the other various terms used to describe those who take something old and make it into something new. Bee does a bit of that and a bit of everything else. Usually she starts with a mess and ends with something beautiful (you can see a start to a mess to the right--peruse her blog and you can see the beautiful she ended up with).

Now, let's face it. I love the something-old approach (you know how I awww'd over one couple's using old pages from their favorite love stories to make all the flowers for their wedding.), and I love seeing inventive done in new ways. I don't have the patience to figure out what to do with them, though. I'm not quite that imaginative. Bee is, and she's pretty inventive with her projects, too. I don't want to tell you too much about her work, as she writes in a very witty way, but I will say that I admire how she made a business for herself out of revamping rooms and furniture. Take a gander over to Windgate Lane and wander around a bit. Even if you don't like DIYing it, her writing style is sure to capture you.

1 comment:

  1. Just what I needed... another blog to follow...

    You are feeding my outlet-less obsessions, Wren. :p

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...