Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Bedazzling Bedazzler: Costco

Bedazzle is defined as "To dazzle so completely as to make blind."

I've found the company that makes bedazzles. And, oddly enough, they were in Costco, the business man's Wal-Mart. After snapping a picture of a supposedly Swarovski Crystal studded mirror, I had to find out what company MADE this stuff. A surprisingly under bedazzled banner told me the company name, and I dutifully came home and researched it. b. b. Simon is the maker, and, between Simon and Pnina Tornai, Swarovski should never have any stock problems--especially considering the odd crystal studded wall art and that Pnina has been known to create dresses that are made completely from Swarovski crystals.

I spent nearly two hours in Costco today, mainly because I am a longsuffering saint who is overflowing with brotherly love and thus is willing to sacrifice her own life for the benefit of others a loved one wanted to purchase a smart phone, and I needed to buy some little kid snacks. I know that Costco is expanding in the higher-end oo-la-la fashion industry (they recently launched their own traveling bridal boutique), but I'm seriously doubting how much they are going to gain in sales by this. I'm also wondering about the percentage of those crystals that are REALLY Swarovski. Did I mention that a street vendor was recently hawking "Swarovski Bras"? I hate to be the old grump, but for those of you girls who were oogling over the aforementioned undergarments....you don't have something with Swarovski crystals on it that sells for $12. Jus' tellin' ya......

Oh, yeah. I got enough kid snacks to feed us for the next 70 weeks. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...