Thursday, June 16, 2011

Down with The Bloody Big Head: The Hat Is Here

I got my hat today!!! And it is quite cute. It is a little (well, quite a bit) smaller than I expected, but that's okay, I think it will still look cute once I'm finished with it. It is a little smaller than this one, and, of course, is white, with no bow/flower. I chose to make my own bow, so I can make it the correct color and proportions. For some reason, the design of the hat is very, very important to me.

In other news, I think I shall be relying somewhat upon steampunk accessories to finish this project. I tend to despise plaid, and the Hatter's gloves happen to be a plaid. Will wandering around Halloween Mart and looking at various hats, I, on a lark, wandered over into the steampunk section, since that has a variety of oddities that just might provide one with some hat ideas. Instead, I found a possible variation on the plaid gloves. These. I do have some black fingerless gloves, and may end up going with those or something else out of my scrapbag, but it certainly was another lightbulb idea find, since I've been on the look out for anti-plaid gloves. We shall see what my next mad find will be. In the mean time, I'm having quite a lot of fun over here, so ye be warned. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...