Friday, June 24, 2011

That's Not The Creative I Was Thinking Of....

My brain, Polyvore, and myself have been having a fight the last few days. Polyvore is still an exploratory thing for me, so I keep finding great new bits and pieces to use. So Polyvore really isn't the problem. What IS the problem, however, is that I want to do sets for competitions, and my brain wants to do slightly morbid, somewhat weird, and altogether pure artistic sets. Somewhere between those points, we clash, and there is a big fuss I simply don't have time for. The first clash of plans was for a Penelope Cruz set that I was under a bit of time pressure to finish. I don't think I need to say that I didn't place in that particular competition.

ANYWAY, I've been experimenting with some new techniques, and am enjoying the more artistic-less-dressy style, but at the same time, I'm turning into a jack-of-all-trades-mistress-of-none. Right now, I was planning on working on sets for two competitions: a Summer Trends themed competition, as well as a Fierce Color with Sebastian Professional one. Its the Summer Trends one that is causing the trouble. I thought a nice beach and board game theme would be a good idea. You can take a look at its most recent permutation (which is always changing, because I'm still editing it), but it is most obviously creepy, not summery.

I'm just wondering why my creative juices have a mind of their own. I've never experienced this for artwork on a computer. I have experienced it freehanding things, but that is when I'm drawing without a purpose. Right now, my purpose is apparently to be violent, or at least slightly morbid (which should be nothing new). Corralling my thoughts into productivity is hard right now. I think the summer heat is getting to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...