Thursday, June 30, 2011

Down with the Bloody Big Head: Watches that Don't Work and Shoes that Don't Fit

I was exploring one of my favorite sites today, and I found new accessories for my Hatta costume, purely by accident (I was planning on showing you some of my favorites on Shabby Apple, but that will have to wait for another day). Two little necklace watches and a glass ball that serves a double purpose as both a locket AND a magnifying glass were among the finds. It wasn't until after I had oogled over all the items and thought about how great they would be for my costume that I realized they all had Alice in Wonderland names. There's the Looking Glass Necklace and the White Rabbit's Timekeeper, as well as the Mad Hatter's Timekeeper. They're all incredibly cute and costume worthy, buuuut....like all good jewelry, they have their price. I do think having multiple clock necklaces would be a fun touch, so I might pursue that one a bit more, and see what happens to turn up. You never know what I might find hiding in some second hand store, or something else. Lodi is full of all sorts of little corners that have odd jewelry bits in them.

The other item I found is the exact opposite of the hat: the shoes! And boy are they cute. Black and white with a bow, these remind me somewhat of the saddle shoes from when I was little. Too bad they are almost sold out, the only remaining ones being in size 7. Ah well. I'm sure something else will come along at some point. If you happen to be a lucky 7, then you can take a look at the shoes here. Of course, if I was sticking with the true Hatta design (which I'm not, as I'm doing a more daughter-of-the-Hatta thing), I would be embracing the menswear-for-women fashion in the shoe department, going after the Eager Beaver design. Its actually simply "Eager," but I can vary rarely say the first word without the second following, so I've taken this chance to re-christen the shoes. If you paid attention in the movie, these are actually really really close in design to the ones Johnny Depp wore--just a bit fancier.

I think I'll stick to hunting watches for now.

2 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful, entertaining writer you are. I always enjoy your posts. Thanks!

    P.S. Thanks a lot for showing me yet ANOTHER adorable site that I cannot resist spending time on when I don't have any time to spend on it. Sigh... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, you're welcome. :) Gotta love the shoes... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...