Saturday, June 4, 2011

Polyvore Weddings, the Nordstrom Way

In exactly one week, another Polyvore competition will be over. At that point, I hope to be able to say I have successfully completed said competition, and, eventually, hope to win. But then, who doesn’t?

For those of you unfamiliar with Polyvore.com, it is a very interesting website that serves as a creative outlet for a good number of fashionistas. I’ve used it before to make a variety of different sets, such as the one pictured above. The basic idea is you take a theme, and then build an outfit and a style off of that theme. Quite a lot of fun.

The competition theme is Nordstrom Weddings. I love this, quite simply because, well….imaweddingfanatic. The only TV show I watch religiously happens to be TLC’s Say Yes to the Dress. My bribery to finish long papers on time is that, if I finish on time, I will sit back with a coffee and a sweet treat and read BRIDES Magazine. I know which destination venues are the best for a low(er) budget bride, aaaand I can also tell you a rough estimate of a gown based on looking at it. I downloaded the Royal Wedding app for my phone, and made calculated guesses on what Kate would wear (and was pretty darn close to getting it right, too!). Now, I’m back into the throws of planning a wedding—polyvore style.

After spending most of yesterday debating what basic style I wanted to go for, I finally settled on a color scheme, as well as the dress I will base the entire set off of. It is a Tadashi Shoji Gown and the price weighs in around 798.00 USD. More details on the specific dress here. I'm still trying to decide if this fits a garden wedding or a beach wedding better, as that will (obviously), effect my final product. However, I must say, I'm happy with finding THE dress (at least, for this competition).

Oh, and I've also set a mini-challenge for myself: all of the items within this set must be from Nordstrom's. We'll see how I do.....

2 comments:

  1. I think it looks like a beach wedding dress: the color and texture seem like they'd fit a sandy environment better than a lush garden.

    The only thing that concerns me is the length, it seems a bit impractical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that was my thought too. It does seem quite beachy. I finally settled on a more "ethereal" feel, with glimpses of brides looking out windows, just slightly out of focus, for more of a pre-wedding feel. I'm hoping that will give a sense of anticipation, as well as leaving each viewer to decide the exact location of the wedding.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...