Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Watch out for the D'jaws!

I honestly must admit I never intended to blog about sharks, but my life has brought me to this. Not only has one of my friends started acting as if she was a shark...and THEN I ended up writing a story segment where a character was swimming with sharks. Thus, the sharkyness of it all has pierced the veil of my mind, and landed me oogling over ModCloth's shark stuff. It started with seeing the oven mitt that eats your hand. Then the killer whale shaker set appeared.

D'jaws the friendly shark (who, according to D'jaws, doesn't realize he's a terrifying great white and thinks of himself somewhat as a swimming puppy dog) has, for some reason, inspired me to comb through modcloth's home decor section for sharks. Items seem to vacillate between "good shark" and bad shark" (the former being the protective oven mitt, the latter being the cup that illustrates a swimmer getting eaten), however, the final straw was the Titanic ice-cube tray, which allows your child to use the oven mitt to re-enact the sinking of the Titanic, and dramatize the story by adding sharks to the dangers.

D'jaws, you ruined me. Now I want a shark kitchen. Maybe even have a great-white head mounted over the door, with a clock in its mouth. Too bad ModCloth didn't have one of those....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...